Interceptor Plus prevents heartworm disease and treats and controls adult hookworm, roundworm, whipworm and tapeworm infections1 in indoor and outdoor dogs and puppies six weeks of age and older.
Protect against five worms, including tapeworm, with one tasty chew.
You aren’t about to let common internal parasites share your favourite family member. Instead, share your proactive health regimen with your dog and make regular deworming part of your dog’s care routine. Deworming is part of a healthy relationship, and the broad-spectrum protection of Interceptor Plus (milbemycin oxime/praziquantel) gives you peace of mind while you continue to share everything with your dog for years to come.
Interceptor Plus brings together two powerful active ingredients, milbemycin oxime and praziquantel, that combine for a safe and effective medicine to protect your dog against five types of dangerous parasites. Our tasty chewable tablets make Interceptor Plus dosing as fast and simple as giving a treat.
Tapeworm infections are more common than we think.
Recent research has shown that prevalence data underestimates the frequency of tapeworm infection.2 Tapeworms are more common in dogs than fecal exam or the presence of fleas indicate.2 Because of the lack of clinical signs and the difficulty to diagnose the infection in dogs, periodic deworming is recommended especially in the case of worms which can pose a zoonotic threat.3 Regular treatment for tapeworms can keep both your dog and your family worry-free.
Easy to share protection.
- One chewable tablet, once a month4
- Easy to dose: 96.6% overall acceptability4
- Flavoured with real chicken, an option for dogs with beef allergies4
- Safe for use in all dogs and puppies six weeks of age or older, and weigh 0.9 kg or more4
- Ideal for dogs with active outdoor lifestyles, dog park routines, and frequent boarding or grooming visits
Pair for more complete parasite protection.
Interceptor Plus also has the flexibility to pair with tailored flea and tick control as needed or seasonally.
Important Safety Information:
The label contains complete use information, including cautions, and warnings. Always read, understand and follow the label, and use directions.
1. Heartworm (D. immitis), hookworm (A. caninum), roundworm (T. canis, T. leonina), whipworm (T. vulpis), tapeworm (T. pisiformis, E. multilocularis, E. granulosus, D. caninum)
2. Adolph et al. Diagnostic strategies to reveal covert infections with intestinal helminths in dogs. Veterinary Parasitology 247 (2017) 108–112
3. Conboy G. Cestodes of Dogs and Cats in North America. Vet Clin Small Animal. 39 (209), 1075-1090
4. Interceptor Plus product label